Top Ten Thursday - Train of Thoughts



Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!



Today we're sharing ten ways our train of thoughts works. You know, you had one thought that turned into three, then seven,... I got them all the time!

Let me give you a recent example. This is how it all started:

A lady in one of the Facebook Mommy groups posted this:


"Rainy weekend project - IKEA DUKTIG kitchen hack. Have you done it? Any wisdom to share, tips to offer?"

My mind immediately got sparked:

  1. Oh my goodness, how cool! Makes me wish I had a daughter! I think there are tons of YouTube channels presenting IKEA hacks?
  2. Speaking of IKEA, I just told a friend about the cake project we did for IKEA's birthday. That was fun!
  3. We should totally go to IKEA for lunch soon. Meatballs! No wait, I won those hot dog vouchers for hubby, we need to redeem those!
  4. While there, we need to pick up some new towels so we can throw out the ratty, tattered ones. I need to do some more purging and organizing around the house.
  5. Frankly I'd much rather do a creative project. Maybe I can make my organizing to be creative?
  6. Oh, shoot, I never got around to making that pretzel rod log cabin "gingerbread house". Still have the ingredients, though. I may do it for Valentine's Day?!?
  7. I also need to get started on the birthday gift I've planned for hubby: a surprise trip to Hamburg, Germany and a jar with 50 (the age he turns this month) reasons to be happy! He has been in a rut for the past weeks and months, and his mind is busy with work all the time, so he needs a time out and a positive perspective.
  8. Speaking of happy, I should read the document I printed the other day, I think there are a lot of great ideas for workshops and stuff.
  9. Maybe I could become a happiness coach? Doing the #100HAPPYDAYS twice should make me qualified enough?
  10. Also I should look into my idea for this year's A-Z blogging challenge. How to start? On the other hand shouldn't I be writing for the upcoming Use your Words post? It's the third episode of the Miller family's journey relocating from NYC to Switzerland. We still don't know whether Caroline called Jeremy, her college boyfriend.


Were you able to follow..?

What are we going to write about next week?

February 15 we're taking an imaginary city trip! Pick a location you've been wanting to visit, google the h*** out of the internet and put together the top ten things you want to see, do, experience, eat, etc. at that place! Sign up here.



I don't know about you but I really liked to go through life with the list of ten items to photograph in the back of my head, so I suggest we do it on a monthly basis. Here's the February list, sign up for the Facebook event to let me know you'll join, we publish on Feb 22nd:


  1. Buddha
  2. Salt & Pepper
  3. Calm
  4. Phone Booth
  5. Harbor
  6. Stop
  7. Devotion
  8. Vitamins
  9. Cart
  10. Friendship






Comments