This is my 300th post!





I'd like to dedicate my 300th post to wishes and dreams. Yes, call me Dr. Marcia Fieldstone ;-)


The other day - it was actually at Colin's bedtime, he was stalling. and he was doing an awesome job at it - he asked 

"Moooommy? What is your biggest dream?"

I was stunned. How does he even come up with questions like these?

Also I was at loss for words. There are wishes, of course. To sleep through the night, for many nights in a row. Staying healthy and happy. Having good friends around me. Going on vacation soon.

But my biggest dream? I don't think I have one?! The other day I came across this article about People's Biggest Regrets. It's a 3.30 minutes video, watch it, it makes you think! 



Someone wrote "not pursuing my dreams", and it made me sad. I know there are always reasons not to do things. Obligations, lack of money, lack of courage, all of the above - but in the end if you don't do anything about it, your dream remains a dream. Which is fine. As long as you don't end up writing it on a chalkboard, along with other people's biggest regrets and making a sad little face. 

"Actually, sweetie, my biggest dream has already come true" I finally replied. "I got you!"

"And your car!!!"

Hahaha, so true! My dream car has finally arrived last weekend. After 8 months of waiting, almost like a human baby. This may be for another post, though. 

Colin proceeded to tell me about his biggest dreams:

  • Becoming a top notch hockey player for an NHL team
  • Building his dream house with 100 storeys, each floor containing an apartment for friends, and a gym, an ice rink, a pillow shooting area,... It seemed to be an upgrade of the 20 floor house he was telling me about a year ago:





20
Berger Family (his girlfriend)
19
Pfister Family (his buddy at daycare)
18
Gerber Family (that's us)
17
Evans Family (his friend Eric)
16
Bumper Cars / Terrace
15
Soccer
14
Ice Hockey / Terrace
13
TV
12
Trampoline
11
Kitchen
10
Merry-go-round
9
Basketball
8
Playroom
7
Football
6
Table Tennis
5
Library
4
Kitchen
3
Bumper Cars
2
Living Room / Workshop
1
Pillow Fight



I like that house. It's full of life, fun, people and food!

Last month I signed up for the 10 days blog makeover challenge, and one of the assignments was to think of your blog as a place. I will tell you about the challenge soon. I haven't really implemented anything yet, but the ten steps have certainly given me something to think about. 

Anyway, if my blog was a place... it'd need to be two places. 

A summer beach house, preferably in La Jolla, CA



 And a winter log home in Vail, CO.




There you go, there are my biggest dreams: living and being paid for writing at those magnificent places!

Your turn! What is your biggest dream?

Comments