Use Your Words - Caribbean Cruise

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once, and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words are: 

Coverage ~ disclosure ~ lotion ~ window ~ deep pit ~ basket

They were submitted by 
The Momisodes  - thank you, Sarah!

Remember when a scientific quiz revealed I was a workaholic elf, and we all agreed I should take a vacation? Guess what? 

I am there! 

If I was going to fail my 30 bucks challenge, why not making it a big fail!

It all happened very quickly and totally unplanned, but here I am on a cruise in the Caribbean, and it's fantastic! I've never been on a cruise, and I always thought it was something for old people, but I have to say there is something to it. You don't have to worry about a thing, they take care of it all.


My suite has a large window door that opens to the balcony. The ocean view is something else! On my bedside table they put this huge tropical fruit basket. along with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine plus some sun lotion. Good thinking! The amenities on that ship are incredible! Restaurants, swimming pools, sports courts, spa, gym, movie theater, library, you name it! Oh, and did I mention wi-fi and cell phone coverage all around?


What I probably like best is the piano bar. Very relaxing. I spend every happy hour there, sipping on a glass of (sparkling) wine, enjoying the fantastic atmosphere.


So apart from happy hour at the piano bar, how do I spend my time? 

As the name says, mostly we cruise ;-) Especially on day 1 and 2. 

Then we dock on exotic places like Labadee, Haiti or Ocho Rio, Jamaica. 

You can sunbathe on the beach, go on a bamboo river raft, soar down the world's largest zip line over water, bounce on trampolines and enjoy slides at the Acqua Park. 



One night there was a BBQ in a deep-pit fireplace at the beach, and some friendly locals were playing Twoubadou music.


I am soaking up those moments and hope to bring home a piece of that laid-back way of life. I really should tell myself from time to time to let it be and stop running around getting sh** done all the time, cause that's just too exhausting.



Disclosure:

I got sick. Hard. It all happened very quickly and totally unplanned, but here I am, spending my days and nights in bed, going through several PJs a day. I've got to have hubs, Colin and my mom taking care of it all.

I don't know who would pay to get the flu, but hey, to each his own!
My bedroom has a large window door that opens to the balcony. I can see a bit of our neighbor's garden and their house. Hubby brought a small bowl with grapes that I keep on my nightstand, next to the tissues and the Chinese anti-headache oil. My entertainment, as far as I'm up to it, is my phone. Yes, full wi-fi and cell phone coverage at home ;-) Mostly I just want to keep my eyes closed and crawl under my bed cover.

I rediscovered a two hour long playlist I used to listen to when blogging:




So how do I spend my time? I try to sleep and sweat it off. I'm not hungry. I know, that's not my usual self. My only trips lead to the bathroom or the fridge for some water. 

The other night my muscles were so sore from coughing and because I've been lying all the time. It hurt to be in any horizontal position, back, sides, stomach, I was desperate. Also Colin who likes to join us in the middle of the night, was taking up a lot of space. 

I grabbed my pillow and went over to his room, and with lots of moaning and swearing I hefted his junior mattress onto the pullout couch (which is so uncomfortable I can't even sleep on it when I'm not sick), created an extension with extra pillows, covered myself with his junior duvet and some extra blankets and tried to sleep. 

My whole body was aching badly, and it was cold. I wouldn't have minded that deep-pit fireplace just about now! As it turned out the next morning, the heating had broken down once again, and I had to reboot it. Yay, a trip down to the cold basement. It's 38 steps, each way. 

Hubby thought it was time for me to go see a doctor, which in theory was a good idea. Only I don't have one. I have a dentist, a dental hygienist, a dermatologist, an optician I just saw the day before that awful headache hit me, a gynecologist and my iron doc whom I trust and whom I consider to be my general practitioner, only his office is a half hours' drive away, and I didn't think I could do that trip in my state. All the local doctor's offices are full and don't accept any new patients, I have tried that many times. 

"How about that phone doc organization?" 
Genius! My health care coverage includes Medgate - a medical phone support system that has been set up in order to prevent people from running to the doc for every boo-boo. 

After recovering from the exertions of a shower with only lukewarm water (heating was down the whole night, remember) I called, described my complaints to an assitant, had to wait 10 maybe 15 minutes for a call back, and the lady doc told me not to be stubborn and take some pain meds, because from what I've told her, my muscles around the thorax were severely tensed up and obstructing proper ventilation of my lungs. "You even could have fractured a rib from coughing. If you can't relax, you could end up getting pneumonia" she said. 

No thanks. I told her the meds my husband brought made me break out in a major sweat and dropped my blood pressure to a point I couldn't get up without getting dizzy. She told me what pills to get and encouraged me to call again if things wouldn't improve.

Fortunately they did. 

And I could resume my regular everyday life.


You know, the running around, getting sh** done kind...



Don't ask what your health can do for you  -
Ask what you can do for your health!

The cruise? Maybe next time!


Now go find out what my friends' words were, and what they did with them:


Baking In A Tornado 
Stacy Sews and Schools
Spatulas on Parade 
The Bergham Chronicles
Confessions of a part time working mom 
Juicebox Confession
Someone Else's Genius
The Momisodes
Battered Hope
Eileen’s Perpetually Busy
Evil Joy Speaks




Comments