a day at Conny Land

For many kids it was the first day of kindergarten or school. It occurred to me that Colin and I would only have one year of freedom left. The kind that allows us to do stuff on the spur of a moment.

I heard on the news that Scott Mckenzie has passed away. 
My mind wandered. San Francisco. The Golden Gate Bridge, Fishermen's Wharf, Pier 39, the seals. 






God I miss California! What to do?

A little more than an hour later we arrived in the middle of nowhere - in Lipperswil in Eastern Switzerland. http://www.connyland.ch/ Originally a dolphinarium, Conny Land has faced a lot of pressure from animal protection organizations and may have to remove the remaining three dolphins in 2013. Therefore the place has become a fairground with some animal shows on the side; dolphins, seals, parrots - and goats. Some of the rides are limited to kids taller than 1.20m or older than 8. Still there's a lot you can do with smaller / younger kids.








This is my first try of a slideshow using iPhoto. I am pretty proud of how it turned out - However Youtube is telling me now I am not allowed to publish it because the Huey Lewis song I purchased belongs to EMI. So I had to remove this really uplifting tune.



Comments